Operations Manager: Fuel & Energy – Durban
Ethekweni – R750k+ P/Annum
To organise and oversee the Manufacturing process, Responsible for the smooth running of production line and quality output. To ensure production process (casting, slitting, metallization, packing) flow is under standard practices. To improve capability of team. Strong knowledge of production procedures. Candidates from energy; fuel and gas/manufacturing & production background will take preference.
PLEASE FORWARD: Updated Microsoft Word CV; Recent Payslip; SA ID copy – email@example.com
Duties and responsibilities
- Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Estimate cost and prepare budgets
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Monitor production to resolve issues
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production staff
- Ensure rotation of skill matrix by enhancing people capability.
- Reviewing performance of subordinates.
- Resource allocation
- Troubleshoot process related issue.
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Ensuring that the production is cost effective.
- Ensure that products are produced on time and are of good quality
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
- Report to Top Management
- Identifying training needs.
- To maintain process consumable inventories.
- Monitoring & inventories of raw material
- Preparing daily report & circulation to concerns.
- Preparing Monthly report & circulating to concern persons
- Preparing production plan & circulating to concern persons.
- Analysis of root cause & action plan.
- Future improvements plan & execution.
- Ensure compliance with TQM through periodic reviews.
- Interact with Production Planning and Controls teams, Marketing and Customers, Quality, Engineering, Purchasing & Sourcing teams
Qualification & Experience
- Matric; Degree / Diploma in Operations Management or similar
- 5-7 years in a Supervisory role; 3-5 years in a more senior/higher Management role
- Proven experience as Production Manager in Manufacturing environment
- 10 Years experience in an Operations/Production Management role
- Candidates from energy; fuel; gas/manufacturing & production background will take preference.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of production management
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP Software
- Exceptional communication ability
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Strong decision making skills and results driven approach
- Understand, support and participate in 5S initiative
- Ensure work areas are maintained to Visual Standards
- Ensure 5S audits are performed and documented at specified time frames for their assigned area during shift
- Responsible for complying with all environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
- Read and understand all manuals relative to safety, food safety, training and process control-production and equipment safety
- Attend and participate in required monthly safety meetings
- Identify hazards and risk factors in the work area that may affect health or safety and take corrective action immediately. Report those that cannot be immediately corrected to the In charge and/or Safety Coordinator
- Responsible for and ensuring your ability to safely operate line equipment and other equipment (i.e. Hand jacks, hoists and forklifts)
- Ensures the safe handling and labelling of chemicals
Please note, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
We adhere to our clients request of only South African EE candidates as first option for this position.
Find us on Facebook & Twitter.